January 2nd is World Introvert Day. For real. It really is a thing. While an unofficial holiday, it has been celebrated by introverts since 2011.
It is certainly not a coincidence that World Introvert Day falls on the day after New Year’s Day. For introverts such as myself this day is a much needed reprieve after all the interactions during the holidays. Today may be an unofficial holiday, but it is one of my favourites as it is a holiday that will not exhaust you.
Suggested introverted plans for today include, but are not limited to:
- Netflix and chill. This is definitely what I will be doing today. I am looking forward to the last day of binge-watching my shows before I am back in the office tomorrow. Cosy couch, dera and wine … absolute bliss.
- Read. This is another plan I have for today. I started my 2019 reading challenge yesterday with a Nora Roberts book (what else?) and I look forward to getting a few chapters in as I dose off for an afternoon nap.
- Nap. Need I say more? I find few things more heavenly than an afternoon nap.
- Get creative. Introverts are generally creative people who can craft worlds in their heads; think J.K. Rowling for example. So I plan to spend some time today mapping out the plans for the blog as mentioned in yesterday’s post.
- Cook. Obviously nothing too laborious. If today is meant to be about recharging, cooking a time-consuming meal defeats the purpose. I plan to make fried rice that requires little to no effort. Or one can decide to just order in instead and save yourself the hassle.
Another very introverted thing to do today is to cancel prior plans, something I am usually a little too enthusiastic about.
Though I promised to live life more in 2019, and I definitely will, I am not about to start doing so on World Introvert Day.